San Diego Debt Discharge Attorneys Serving Southern California
When most people think of bankruptcy, they think of a long, painful process that leaves them unable to ever obtain credit again. At the Southern California law firm of the Debt Relief Legal Clinic, our lawyers help you understand all that is involved in bankruptcy and life after bankruptcy. Our San Diego bankruptcy filing attorneys have what it takes to give you a clear understanding of the process so you can make informed decisions about how to move forward.
Over 30 Years of Bankruptcy Experience
Contact the Debt Relief Legal Clinic Today
While the bankruptcy process varies somewhat depending on the individual or family, there are several steps that every filer must perform:
- Step One: Recognize that you are in financial trouble. Do not wait too long before you speak with a bankruptcy attorney. While we understand you may be feeling a mix of emotions about how you got to this point, we want you to know that all we care about is helping you get a fresh financial start.
- Step Two: Contact an attorney to schedule an appointment. At our debt relief law firm, we offer free, no-obligation consultations. We want you to understand all of your options before you make any commitment to us or your financial future.
- Step Three: Start the bankruptcy filing process. Whether you are filing for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can expect that we will first begin a full document preparation and gathering process. We want to ensure we have all the information we need to properly file bankruptcy on your behalf. With our experience, we know which forms to file, how to fill them out and how best to prepare the supporting documentation.
- Step Four: Attend a credit counseling course. Before your bankruptcy is finalized, you must attend one credit counseling course. Another course is also required after your bankruptcy is complete.
- Step Five: Attend a meeting with your creditors (also called a 341 meeting). This meeting is a public hearing in front of a court-appointed trustee. One of our attorneys will fully prepare you for this hearing and will be there with you to represent your interests.
Contact Us for More Information
To learn more about the benefits of bankruptcy, how the process will apply in your specific situation or to determine if a bankruptcy alternative is a better option for you, reach out to our law firm for experienced bankruptcy assistance. You can call us at 877-663-3287 or you may contact us online.